How we collect information from you
We also collect from:
- Cookies ("Cookies").
- Publicly available information.
The information we collect and how we use it
This includes but is not limited to: personal details including your name, contact details, CV as well as potentially sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions.
This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- For the services we provide for example in order to update you on job opportunities in the market and for the matching of your details with client job vacancies, at which point (and only after your consent is given), we would submit your CV to the client for specific vacancies.
- To enable you to apply for jobs and subscribe to job alerts. Should you subscribe to job alerts, you will be required to provide your e-mail address so that we can keep you updated on new roles that match your skill set. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, you can unsubscribe on links on the job alerts provided to your email.
- To enable us to meet business, contractual and legal obligations.
- To communicate with you as part of our business.
- To send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Sental website and other administrative information.
- To provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks.
- To carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys.
- To manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing, finance and accounting, billing and collections, IT systems, data and website hosting, business continuity, records and document management.
- To resolve complaints and handle requests for data access or correction.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism, comply with legal process, and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities.
We will never sell your information.
The legal basis we rely on to process your Personal Information
On some occasions, Sental processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send your CV forward to a company for a specific vacancy you are interested in. We never submit any candidates details without prior consent.
The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
Sental may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to send your CV to an employer for a specific job application, again, this is only after your consent is given.
Sental also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- Promoting vacancies that you may be interested in.
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs.
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services.
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes.
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Who we share your information with
It is only with your prior consent that your details are submitted to a client company for a specific vacancy that you have consented to have your details sent forward to.
Our service providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, lawyers, data storage and cloud providers and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
Sental may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our operations, to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
Security of your information
Sental take the security of your information very seriously. We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures to secure your data and safeguard your information across our computer systems, website and locations including:
- Storage and processing practices.
- Data cleansing techniques.
- Restricting access to personal information to Sental employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Internal policies and training for employees.
How long we keep your information
To make sure that we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we only hold data for as long as we need it for the purpose for which it was collected.
We cleanse all data every 2 years to only hold records for those that are actively seeking new positions, unless there is a contractual or business reason to maintain records for longer. For example, for recording which candidates have previously been submitted for a position with a client through us in the past.
You have the following rights:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you at any time.
- If you would like to make a request for information, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org stating – FAO Data Protection Officer in the subject heading and ensure you include the details of what you are requesting.
- All requests for information are actioned within 30 days of receipt.
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
- If your request is to e.g. provide a new mobile number or update your CV to a latest copy, please email your Sental Consultant (if known) or email email@example.com for the CV details to be updated.
- If you would like to make a request for any additional information to be changed, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org stating – FAO Data Protection Officer in the subject heading and ensure you include the details of what you are requesting.
- The right to opt out of any communications that we may send you.
If you would us to permanently delete your records, please contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com stating – FAO Data Protection Officer with the line "Permanently delete my information"